Tuesday, June 15, 2010

謝謝你們!(或謝謝妳們?)

I had a wonderful time at your graduation ceremonies on Saturday and Sunday, and at the Pynchon seminar on Tuesday. I don't know how you're able to maintain your focus for exams during this (post-)celebration week, but I definitely look forward to reading them.

Also, OMG, the most interesting thing happened in my home state of South Carolina. Pynchonites will love the various conspiracy theories here; the others may consider the race-relations angle... My take on this Wikipedia rundown of possible explanations... why is it somehow the least plausible explanation of this electoral result, that black voters in a party primary for a state election their party cannot possibly win, would choose to send a message to their party's establishment candidate (who is an unpopular jerk) by going to the polls and choosing, in effect, "none of the above"? But no, I suppose it would take fictional Portuguese people to think of something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment